Search by Keyword
Scroll down for Alabama facts and an alluring image gallery of Alabama landscapes and street scenes.
For fascinating Facts and Photos From All 50 States and Washington DC, visit the link shown below.
Above: A charming, upscale home in Alexander City.
Photo credit: ecoutureclothing.com
Visit Dothan, Gulf Shores, Lebanon, Montgomery, Theodore and other amazing places from the convenience of wherever you happen to be.
Visit this link to find a free printable Map of Alabama.
Below: The sublime Bellingrath Gardens in Theodore.
Photo credit: eautyexists.net
1. The state flower of Alabama is the Camellia.
2. The official state bird of Alabama is the Yellowhammer.
3. The official state tree of Alabama is the Longleaf Pine.
4. As of 2013, it is perfectly legal in the state of Alabama to marry one's own immediate relatives.
5. Alabama is the only U.S. state that can produce iron and steel from its own natural resources.
6. Famous people from Alabama include George Washington Carver, Helen Keller and Rosa Parks.
7. Alabama's leading industries are paper, chemicals, rubber, plastics, apparel, textiles, primary metals and automobile manufacturing.
8. The largest cities in Alabama (by population size) are Birmingham, Montgomery, Mobile, Huntsville, Tuscaloosa, Hoover, Dothan, Decatur, Auburn and Madison, in that order.
9. Alabama is home to eight state parks.
Above: A golf course in Dothan.
Photo credit: storagelocations.com
Alabama State Parks
Buck's Pocket State Park in Grove Oak
Cheaha State Park in Delta
Confederate Memorial Park in Clanton
DeSoto State Park in Fort Payne
Horseshoe Bend National Military Park in Daviston
Lake Guntersville State Park in Guntersville
Oak Mountain State Park in Pelham
Rickwood Caverns State Park in Warrior
More Alabama Facts: The state of Alabama is bordered by Tennessee to the north, Georgia to the east, Florida and the Gulf of Mexico to the south, and Mississippi to the west. Alabama has a total population of about 3.4 million people.
Below: A sinkhole in Lebanon.
Photo credit: zacktravel.com
Above: An orange sunset over the skyline of Mobile.
Photo credit: Gulf Island Photography
Above: A pristine, undisturbed view of Gulf Shores.
Photo Credit: previewgulfshores.com
Above: One of many surrealistic scenes from Rickwood Caverns.
Photo credit: photos.al.com
Above: No Alabama image gallery would be complete without a stunning Alabama sunset.
Photo credit: http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/86/d3/ba/86d3ba7b5426285dd87a580eafc506f8.jpg
Above: The USS Alabama.
Hit this link to Work At Home From Any State in America.
See this page for Low-Cost Travel Deals All Over America.
Go here for a complete list of Universities and PhD Programs in All 50 States and Washington DC.
Go here for a list of Wholesale Factory Outlets in Every State.
Click here to see Facts and Photos from all 50 states.