Search by Keyword
Make the following irresistible Apple Crisp Recipe for a warm, satisfying dessert.
Most sweet treats are okay in small amounts. Just add less sugar. Take small servings. Eat intuitively. Lose the guilt.
You can also vary these recipes by using cinnamon instead of pumpkin pie spice, or by using fresh cherries or blueberries instead of apples. Most importantly, use your imagination to make this Apple Crisp Recipe your own.
4 cups sliced tart cooking apples
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup oats
1/3 cup softened butter or margarine
1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
Heat oven to 375ºF.
Use butter, oil or shortening to grease bottom and sides of a glass baking pan.
Spread the sliced apples in the pan.
In medium bowl, stir remaining ingredients together until well mixed.
Sprinkle over apples.
Bake for about 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown and apples are tender when pierced with a fork.
SUGGESTION: Serve warm with ice cream.
6 to 8 medium apples
1/2 cup raisins
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup orange juice
Preheat oven to 350°.
Wash and core the apples.
Peel one narrow strip from around the top edge of each apple.
Place the apples in a deep baking dish.
Fill the centers with raisins.
Combine flour, sugar and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
Blend in softened butter with a fork.
Stir in chopped walnuts.
Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the apples.
Pour water and orange juice over apples.
Bake, uncovered, for about an hour, basting occasionally.
Remove from the oven and let cool for five minutes.
Serve vanilla ice cream.
3 cups flour
1½ tsp salt
¾ tsp. baking powder
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 cup butter-flavored shortening
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
5-7 Tbsp. cold milk
1 egg white for garnish
1) Sift dry ingredients together twice.
2) Cut in shortening.
3) Sprinkle in oil, then milk, one tablespoon at a time, mixing well after each tablespoon with a pastry fork.
4) Combine to form a ball of dough and divide it to make a top and bottom crust.
5) Line a pastry pan with bottom crust.
1 cup sugar
4 Tbsp. cornstarch
½ tsp. cinnamon
¼ tsp. nutmeg
4 Golden Delicious apples (# varies with size)
6 Courtland apples (# varies with size)
¼ cup orange juice (to prevent discoloration)
2 Tbsp. butter
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2) Sift dry ingredients.
3) Peel and chop apples into pieces.
4) Splash apple pieces with orange juice and mix to prevent discoloration while chopping.
5) Combine dry mixture with apples as place onto bottom crust in pastry pan. Pack in firmly.
6) Dot with butter.
7) Cover with top crust, seal edges by pinching them, and make holes on top for steam to escape.
8) Brush top crust with egg white.
9) Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour, or until crust is lightly browned. If crust browns too early, cover pie with foil for the remainder of cooking time.
apple crisp recipe
For fun things to do anywhere in America, visit Fact and Photo Galleries for All 50 States.
See this page for Affordable Travel Deals in all 50 States and Washington DC.
Click here to get Low-Cost Car Insurance in All 50 States and Washington DC.
Visit this page to Work From Home Anywhere in America.
Go here to see a complete list of Universities and PhD Programs in All 50 States.