Search by Keyword
For Car Insurance in Dallas, other parts of Texas, and all 50 states, visit the link shown below.
This page features facts, recent rates, and helpful hints on reducing premiums on Texas car insurance, especially if you live in metro areas like Dallas.
Average Annual Rates
The average annual per-vehicle premium for Texas car insurance last year was $1,510, quite far above the national average at the time, which was $1,347.
People pay above average premiums on Texas car insurance in areas of high population density like Dallas, Houston and San Antonio. These are the cities where most Texans live.
Average annual car insurance premiums in rural areas of the state are much lower.
People who drive without Car Insurance in Dallas are more likely to get ticketed than in any other part of Texas.
People caught driving uninsured vehicles anywhere in Texas face fines up to $350, if the incident is a first offense.
On further violations, the fine can reach $2,000, with raised car insurance premiums the following year.
Minimum Liability Coverage
Texas state law mandates car insurance liability coverage of $30,000 in personal injury protection, $60,000 in coverage for others who are injured, and $25,000 in protection against property damage, per vehicle. Insurance agents call it 30/60/25 coverage.
In other words, your Texas car insurance will issue a maximum payment of $115,000 per accident when you purchase the minimum required auto insurance coverage.
Reducing the Cost of Car Insurance
Texas vehicle owners can reduce their premium rates in a number of ways. For instance,
1. Drivers in big cities like Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio sometimes register their vehicles in other cities, or even other states where the rates are cheaper.
2. Some policy holders score a discount by paying their annual premium all at once, instead of month-by-month.
3. Some drivers accept an increased deductible to lower premium costs.
4. Some car owners drive vehicles with car alarms and airbags installed. This scores a discount on annual premiums.
5. People who live in metro areas with good public transit systems can reduce premium costs for Car Insurance in Dallas by not driving for three years. This creates the perfect driving record over a three-year period that earns valuable Accident-Free discounts and Good Driver discounts, among others.
These are just a few examples of discounts typically available to car owners in most states. Apply for every possible discount.
Obtaining Auto Insurance Quotes
According to recent consumer reports, the top three car insurance companies in the state of Texas are State Farm, Farmers and Progressive.
Still, many Texas drivers opt for smaller, regional auto insurance providers like Colonial County Mutual, Direct General or Farm Bureau.
Get a few free quotes online. Then call five agents in your area and ask about all their discounts.
Just compare free quotes and grab the lowest rate.
They say everything's big in Texas. That includes the money you can save on car insurance.
Click here to get Low-Cost Car Insurance in All 50 States and Washington DC.
Visit this page for a big State of Texas Photo Gallery.
For fun things to do anywhere in America, visit Fact and Photo Galleries for All 50 States.
Look here for Premium Factory Outlets in All 50 States.
See this page for Affordable Travel Deals in all 50 States and Washington DC.
Visit this page to learn how to Work From Home Anywhere in America.
Go here to see a complete list of Universities and PhD Programs in All 50 States.