Search by Keyword
Above: One of Oregon's favorite Golf Retirement Communities is Bandon Dunes Golf Resort.
Photo credit: primotravel.co.uk
Fast Facts About Oregon
1. The official state flower of Oregon is the Oregon Grape.
2. The official state tree of Oregon is the Douglas Fir.
3. The official state bird of Oregon is the Western Meadowlark.
4. Oregon is home to 153 State Parks and a much-visited National Park called Crater Lake.
5. The state of Oregon is divided into six geographical
regions: Central-Eastern, Southern, Willamette Valley, Mt. Hood & The Gorge, Portland, and Oregon Coast.
6. The five largest cities in Oregon (by population size) are Portland, Eugene, Salem, Gresham and Hillsboro, in that order.
7. Oregon has 19 universities.
8. Nobody really knows how the state of Oregon got its name.
9. Native American Indian tribes based in Oregon include Clatsop, Confederated Tribes, Coquille, Klamath, Modoc, Nehalem, Nevada, Paiute, Pend d'Orielles, Siletz, Suislaw, Tilmook, Umatilla, Umpqua, Warm Springs, Wasco and Yahooskin.
Below: Brasada Canyon Golf Course in Bend.
Photo credit: brasada.com
Top Ten Tourist Attractions in Oregon
Shakespeare Festival, Ashland
Cannon Beach, 80 miles west of Portland
Oregon Air & Space Museum, Eugene
The Science Factory, Eugene
City Center, Portland
China Town, Portland
Japanese Gardens, Portland
Powell's Books, Portland
State Capitol Building, Salem
Seaside Aquarium, Seaside
Below: Oregon State University in Corvallis.
Photo credit: panoramio.com
Concordia University, Portland
Corban University, Salem
Eastern Oregon University, La Grande
George Fox University, Newberg
Marylhurst University, Marylhurst
Multnomah University, Portland
Northwest Christian University, Eugene
Oregon Health and Science University,Portland
Oregon Institute of Technology, Klamath Falls
Oregon State University, Corvallis
Oregon State University, Bend
Pacific University, Forest Grove
Portland State University, Portland
Southern Oregon University, Ashland
University of Oregon, Eugene
University of Portland, Portland
University of Western States, Portland
Western Oregon University, Monmouth
Willamette University, Salem
Below: Two geese overlook the city of Portland.
Photo credit: traveljapanblog.com
Above: Ashland's world famous Annual Shakespeare Festival.
Photo credit: resist.com
Below: University of Southern Oregon in Ashland.
Photo credit: traveljapanblog.com
Above: Other popular golf retirement communities in Oregon include Sand Pines Golf Course in Florence.
Photo Credit: golfcoursepics.com
Above: Newport, Oregon
Photo credit: jasonrose.com
Above: The beach at Manzanita
Photo credit: wanderingphotolog.com
Above: Liberty Theatre in down town Astoria
Photo credit: photostoartbymike.com - Photo by Mike Druckenbrod
Above: A typical beach along Oregon's rocky coastline on a not-so-typical sunny day.
Photo credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/capcitysavvy/3264391860/
Above: Lenticular clouds blanket the Alvord Desert at sunset.
Photo Credit: http://greatatmosphere.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/amazing-lenticular-clouds-on-earth-1-alvord-desert-oregon-great-atmosphere.jpg
Look here for Premium Factory Outlets in All 50 States.
For fun things to do anywhere in America, visit Fact and Photo Galleries for All 50 States.
See this page for Air Travel Discount Deals and Low-Cost Lodging in all 50 States and Washington DC.
Visit this page to learn how to Work From Home Anywhere in America.