Search by Keyword
Above: A threatening Iowa Tornado.
Photo credit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jk2bx7G08A
This gallery features facts and photos pertaining to the state of Iowa.
Ashford University in Clinton
Briar Cliff University in Sioux City
Buena Vista University in Storm Lake
Drake University in Des Moines
Graceland University in Independence
Grand View University in Des Moines
Iowa State University in Ames
Saint Ambrose University in Davenport
University of Dubuque in Dubuque
University of Iowa in Iowa City
University of Northern Iowa in Cedar Falls
Upper Iowa University in Fayette
William Penn University
Above: The pretty little city of Decorah.
Photo credit: https://www.pinterest.com/
Fast Facts About the State of Iowa:
1. Iowa's official state flower is the Wild Prairie Rose.
2. Iowa's official state tree is the Oak
3. Iowa's official state bird is the Eastern Goldfinch.
4. The ten largest cities (by population size) in the state of Iowa are Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, Davenport, Sioux City, Waterloo, Iowa City, Council Bluffs, Ames, Dubuque and West Des Moines, in that order.
5. The state of Iowa is struck by an average of 37 tornadoes per year.
6. Native American Indian Tribes from Iowa include Sac & Fox, Omaha, and Meshwaki. In case you are wondering, the Ioway Indians are actually from what is now the state of Kansas.
Above: Mid Iowa farmland.
photo credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/
Despite being mostly farmland, the state of Iowa is home to thirteen universities, several small cities, 85 State Parks, and many protected wildlife areas.
The state of Iowa is divided into four geographical regions - Northwest, Northeast, Southwest and Southeast.
Below: The state Capitol building in the city of Des Moines.
Photo credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/
Below: A farmhouse in rural Iowa.
Photo credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cybergabi/4928961522/
Above: A typically quaint and curious Iowa grist mill.
Photo credit: flickriver.com
Above: Vermeer Mill, a historical village in Pella.
Photo credit: http://www.pellatuliptime.com/historical-village/vermeer-mill/
Above: The train at Potter's Mill.
Photo credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/35317901@N02/10228275274/
Above: An aerial view of the University of Iowa campus in Ames.
Photo credit: http://photos.univrelations.uiowa.edu/campus/campus-aerials-2011/ar-111004-tj-100/
Look here for Low-Cost Iowa Car Insurance.
See this page for Air Travel Discount Deals and Low-Cost Lodging in all 50 States and Washington DC.
See this page for how to Work From Home in Iowa, and anywhere else in America.
Go here for a complete list of Universities and PhD Programs in Iowa and all other U.S. states, plus Washington DC.
Click Here to Exit the Iowa Tornado & State Photo Gallery, and view other striking image galleries.
Look here for Premium Factory Outlets in All 50 States.