Search by Keyword
Shown Above: A Mississippi River Map
Photo credit: ronhaines.wordpress.com/
Fast Facts About Mississippi
1. Mississippi's official state flower is the Magnolia.
2. Mississippi's official state tree is the Magnolia.
3. Mississippi 's official state bird is the Mockingbird.
4. Mississippi is home to eleven graduate-level Universities and many fine colleges.
5. America's first Parent Teachers Association (PTA) was formed in Mississippi.
6. Mississippi is divided into three geographical regions: North, Central and Southern.
7. Jackson and Gulfport are the only two cities in Mississippi with a population of more than 50,000 people. There's even a joke that goes, "What are the 3 largest cities in Mississippi?" Answer: Birmingham, Mobile and Montgomery. Alabamans find it hilarious. Mississipeans, not so much.
8. The five largest cities in Mississippi (by population size) are Jackson, Gulfport, Southaven, Hattiesburg and Biloxi, in that order.
9. A full Mississippi River Map shows the river bordering nine U.S. states.
10. The state of Mississippi has 22 State Parks.
Above: The glitzy town of Gulfport.
Photo credit: dnasoa.com
Mississippi State Parks
Buccaneer State Park
Carver Point State Park
Clarkco State Park
Cossar State Park
Golden Memorial State Park
Gulf Marine State Park
Holmes County State Park
Hugh White State Park
J P Coleman State Park
John W Kyle State Park
Lake Lowndes State Park
Leroy Percy State Park
Nanih Waya State Park
Natchez State Park
Paul B Johnson State Park
Percy Quin State Park
Roosevelt State Park
Shepard State Park
Tishomingo State Park
Tombigbee State Park
Wall Doxey State Park
Winterville State Park
Below: A vintage canon eyes the setting sun at Vicksburg National Military Park.
Universities in Mississippi
Alcorn State University (alcorn.edu)
Blue Mountain College (bmc.edu)
Delta State University
Jackson State University
Mississippi State University
Mississippi University for Women
Mississippi Valley State University
Reformed Theological Seminary
University of Mississippi
University of Mississippi Medical Center
University of Southern Mississippi
William Carey University
Above: Storm clouds loom like tomorrow's midterm over the University of Southern Mississippi.
Photo credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mississippitokorea/5955947323/
Above: A farmhouse in rural Mississippi.
Photo Credit: ceddoberkeley.edu
Above: Mississippi's upscale waterfront Ridgeland neighborhood.
Photo credit: livability.com
Above: The sleepy little town of Picayune.
Photo Credit: city-data.com
Above: The architecturally significant Forest County Courthouse in Hattiesburg.
Photo credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/courthouselover/3126244833/
Above: A tiny house in Starkville.
Photo credit: http://thearchitecturalist.tumblr.com/page/6
Above: The tiny house in Tupelo where Elvis Presley was born.
Photo credit: get-packin.com
Above: Sunset over Biloxi.
photo credit: http://nikonites.com/attachments/landscape/13259-sundown-biloxi-ms-dsc_8890.jpg
Look here for Low-Cost Mississippi Car Insurance.
See this page to learn How to Work From Home in Mississippi, or anywhere else in America.
Go here for a complete list of Universities and PhD Programs in Mississippi and other U.S. states, plus Washington DC.
See this page for Affordable Travel to anywhere in America.
Go here for a detailed list of discount Factory Outlet Malls in All 50 States.
Click here to View Image Galleries from all 50 states.