Search by Keyword
Above: Montana National Parks - A waterfall at sunset in Glacier National Park.
Photo credit: beautifulplacestovisit.com
Fast Facts About Montana
1. Montana's official state flower is the Bitterroot.
2. Montana's official state tree is the Ponderosa Pine.
3. Montana's official state bird is the Western Meadowlark.
4. Montana has three universities occupying numerous campus locations throughout the state.
5. Montana has seven Indian Reservations: Blackfeet, Crow, Flathead, Fort Peck, Fort Belknap, Northern Cheyenne, and Rocky Boys.
6. Native American Indian Tribes of Montana include
Assiniboine, Atsina, Blackfoot, Cheyenne, Chippewa, Cree, Crow, Gros Ventre, Kalispel, Kootenai, Little Shell, Pend d'Oreille, Salish, Lakota (Sioux).
7. Montana is divided into six geographical regions: Glacier Country, Russel Country, Missouri Country, Goldwest Country, Yellowstone Country, and Custer Country.
8. The five largest cities in Montana (by population size) are Billings, Missoula, Great Falls, Bozeman and Butte, in that order.
9. Billings is the only city in Montana with a population that exceeds 100,000.
10. The state of Montana has 44 State Parks and one National Park.
Above: Wild horses run along the bank of a stream on Sweet Grass Ranch.
Photo credit: sweetgrassranch.com
Montana Colleges and Universities
Dawson Community College
Flathead Valley Community College
Miles Community College
Montana State University
Rocky Mountain College
University of Great Falls
University of Montana
Above: A campus building at Montana State University.
Photo credit: montana.edu
Tribal Colleges in Montana:
Aaniiih Nakoda College in Harlem
Blackfeet Community College in Browning
Chief Dull Knife College in Lame Deer
Fort Peck Community College in Poplar
Little Big Horn College at the Crow Agency
Salish Kootenai College in Pablo
Stone Child College in Box Elder
Below: A view of the Crow Indian Reservation in Southeastern Montana.
Photo credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/wisdomtree/5449592455/
Above: Crow Indians take a cool, refreshing splash in the Little Bighorn River.
Photo Credit: allenrussell.photoshelter.com
Above: A herd of bison at the Fort Peck Indian Reservation.
Photo credit: makeitright.org
Above: St. Ignatius Mission on the Flathead Reservation.
Photo Credit: montanaheritageproject.com
Above: Sun setting over Fort Belknap.
Photo credit: nativenews.jour.umt.edu
Click here to see Image Galleries from All 50 States.
See this page for Low-Cost Montana Car Insurance.
Hit this link to learn how to Work From Home in Montana, or anywhere else in America.
Go here for a complete list of Universities and PhD Programs in Montana and all over America.
Look here for Affordable Travel to Montana National Parks and all 50 states.
Go here for a detailed list of Factory Outlet Malls in All 50 States.
The only Montana National Parks are Glacier National Park and a northwestern section of Yellowstone National Park. But Montana is also home to 44 States Parks.
Ackley Lake State Park
Anaconda Smelter Stack State Park
Bannack State Park
Beaverhead Rock State Park
Beavertail Hill State Park
Black Sandy State Park
Chief Plenty Coups State Park
Clarks Lookout State Park
Cooney Reservoir State Park
Council Grove State Park
East Rosebud State Park
Elkhorn State Park
Flathead Lake State Park - Big Arm Unit
Flathead Lake State Park - Finley Point Unit
Flathead Lake State Park - West Shore Unit
Flathead Lake State Park - Wild Horse Island Unit
Flathead Lake State Park - Yellow Bay Unit
Fort Owen State Park
Frenchtown Pond State Park
Giant Springs Heritage State Park
Granite State Park
Greycliff Prairie Dog Town State Park
Hell Creek State Park
Hooper State Park
Lake Mary Ronan State Park
Lewis And Clark Cavern State Park
Lone Pine State Park
Lost Creek State Park
Makoshika State Park
Medicine Rocks State Park
Missouri River Headwaters State Park
Natural Bridge State Park
Parker Homestead State Park
Pictograph Cave State Park
Pirogue Island State Park
Placid Lake State Park
Rock Creek State Park
Rosebud Battlefield State Park
Salmon Lake State Park
Spring Meadow Lake State Park
Tongue River Reservoir State Park
Wayfarers State Park
West Rosebud State Park
Whitefish Lake State Park