Search by Keyword
Scroll down for a hearty and delicious Roast Beef Recipe.
Here's the best and simplest of America's favorite Roast Beef recipes. It makes for a splendid supper, and the leftovers make excellent lunch meat sandwiches.
3 to 3 1/2 lbs of Boneless Rump Roast
2 tablespoons Olive oil
2 cloves fresh garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup Red wine
2 tablespoons flour
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
With a sharp knife make eight small cuts on the top of the roast. Thinly slice the garlic and place a sliver into each incision on the meat.
Rub the roast liberally with olive oil.
Sprinkle the roast generously with salt and pepper.
Place the roast directly on an oven rack, fatty side up, with a drip pan on another rack beneath the roasting rack.
Brown the roast at 375°F for about half an hour.
Lower the heat to 225°F and cook the roast for about another 2 1/2 hours.
When the meat just starts to drip its juices and it is brown on the outside, the roast is ready.
Carefully remove the roast from the oven.
If you have a meat thermometer, the inside temperature of this Roast Beef Recipe should be between 135° and 140°F.
To make the gravy, remove the dripping pan from the oven and place it on the stove top at medium heat.
Add red wine to the drippings and scrape the drippings from the bottom of the drip pan with a spatula.
Add flour to the drip pan with a little hot water. Stir quickly while the gravy thickens to avoid lumping. If short on drippings, a pat of butter can be added.
Add a dash of salt and pepper.
SUGGESTION: This kind of meat tastes great when served with horseradish sauce.
For more great recipe ideas, tattoo designs, data tables, calendars and a broad assortment of other free printable items, visit any of the links shown on this page.
1. Cook the beef rare. Then cut the meat into thin slices.
2. Sushi rice is easy enough to buy at any Japanese restaurant. But you can also make your own by following the directions on a bag of short grain white rice.
3. When rice reaches room temperature, wet your hands and squeeze each handful of rice so it stays together as one bite-sized piece.
4. Place a slice of beef on each ball of rice
5. Top with pickled ginger (available packaged at Asian markets, or from any Japanese restaurant).
6. If desired, mix a little bit of wasabi with soy sauce in a dipping dish.
7. Dip each piece into the soy sauce.
See this page for Travel Deals and Discounts in all 50 States and Washington DC.
For fun things to do in Idaho and anywhere else in America, visit Fact and Photo Galleries for All 50 States.
Click here to get Low-Cost Car Insurance in All 50 States and Washington DC.
Visit this page to Work From Home Anywhere in America.
Go here to see a complete list of Universities and PhD Programs in All 50 States.
Click here for Factory Outlet Malls listed by state.