Search by Keyword
Scroll down for Southern Illinois outdoors, statewide national parks, state parks, metro areas and other local destinations.
Shown Above: Inside Shawnee National Forest.
Photo credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/djh644/6316434523/
The U.S. state of Illinois is home to 74 State Parks, along with nature preserves, forests and of course the city of Chicago with its numerous cultural attractions.
Use this page to help you pick your favorite things to do in Illinois.
Scroll to the bottom of the page for links to other image galleries.
Contact Us for info pertaining to all-inclusive travel deals to and from any American city.
Pictured Above: The Southern town of Belleville, the largest Illinois city south of Springfield, with a population of about 700,000.
Photo credit: city-data.com
Fast Facts About Illinois:
1. The official state flower of Illinois is the Purple Violet.
2. The official state tree of Illinois is the White Oak.
3. The official state bird of Illinois is the Cardinal.
4. In population size, Chicago is the third largest city in the United States. Roughly three out of four Illinois residents live in Chicago.
5. In population size, the ten largest cities in the state of Illinois are Chicago, Aurora, Rockford, Joliet, Naperville, Springfield, Peoria, North Peoria, Elgin and Waukegan, in that order.
6. Illinois is divided into six geographical regions: Northern, Western, Central, Southwest, Southern and Chicagoland.
7. Native American Indian Tribes from Illinois include Illini, Ho-chunk, Chickasaw, Dakota-Sioux, Miami, and Shawnee.
Above: Big house in small town Galena.
photo credit: smalltowngems.com
States bordering Illinois are Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Missouri, Wisconsin, and part of Lake Michigan.
The agricultural state of Illinois has only eight cities, including Chicago, with a population of more than 100,000.
Major League Chicago sports teams include the Cubs (MLB), the White Sox (MLB), the Bears (NFL), the Bulls (NBA) and the Blackhawks (NHL).
Below: Southern Illinois Outdoors - An adorable cottage in Cambria.
Photo credit: pinkcobweb.blogspot.com
Below: Downtown Morrison, Illinois sundown.
Photo credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ap0013/2997722049/
Above: Southern Illinois University (SIU) in Carbondale.
Photo credit: livability.com
Above: Quincy is a town well known for its quaint and fascinating architecture.
Photo credit: illinoisfocus.com
Above: The front entrance of this 8,600 square-foot Chicago mansion occupies almost a whole city block.
Photo Credit: online.wsj.com
Above: The Chicago River is colored green for Saint Patrick's Day, drawing tourists from near and far.
Photo credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/19750627@N05/6997735509/
For fun things to do anywhere in America, visit Fact and Photo Galleries for All 50 States.
Look here for Low-Cost Illinois Car Insurance.
Go here to learn How to Work From Home in Illinois and anywhere else in America.
Visit this page for a complete list of Universities and PhD Programs in Illinois and all over America.
Look here for Premium Factory Outlets in All 50 States.
See this page for Affordable Travel Deals in all 50 States and Washington DC.